*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/640938-A-Fine-Shade-of-Green
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#640938 added March 17, 2009 at 7:16pm
Restrictions: None
A Fine Shade of Green
Ah yes, St. Patrick's Day is here. Woots. Paint the world green, and dance, is what I say.

Nano continues to kick my booty on a daily basis. I even pulled up Megan's Man today, but backed off. I really want to finish writing Duncan so I can ship that puppy out before I head overseas for the summer. If I can finish writing it, I can beg a few friends to go through the chapters with some detailed edits. I thought I'd actually have that part done by now, but nope. My laziness has decided to hang around for a bit longer than anticipated. I am behind 3300 for today, and if I don't come up with a way to play out the next scene, I'm going to scream. ~~wait~~ that might not be a bad idea. I can stand out on the porch in the beautiful 68 degree weather, scream at the top of my lungs, and then take a deep breath.....say tension breaker, had to be done. There is something so spiritual about that process. *Bigsmile*

Had a nice birthday Saturday. Weather was decent, cake was excellent, thank you Sam's Club. Got to charge up the itunes account, woots. I am easy to please, itunes cards, borders cards. What can I say? I know what I like. Ever feel like you drift apart from certain people, and then suddenly, a simple conversation just seems to push all those feelings aside? Happened to me in a most profound way. Very nice, just what I needed. So thanks, Shelle, much appreciated.

Sunday wasn't bad. Ran out to Somerset mall. Hubby has a thing for Macy's out there. I could take it or leave it. How the man manages to find all kinds of bargains in that store is beyond me. I swear to you, he comes out with a bag of stuff under $100. And seriously, the man owns more clothes than a retail store. I kid you not. If I could get him to actually wear half of it, I would not complain. But I see the clothing, piled on the shelves in the closet, and I know, the seasons are going to change with new styles that must be bought, and Zak and Danny will be inheriting some new clothing they could have had a year earlier. *Laugh*

Dates for my vacation are set. Woots. So looking forward to getting out of town for a bit. I've been trying to find a good hotel, one with a pool. I need to swim, check out the new suit and see how I like it before heading overseas. I can already picture myself poolside, a good Maggie Shayne vampire novel in hand. Sigh. Take me away.

So on this Irish day, here's my favorite Irish song. Check it out. I would not steer you wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9xyux4EJoI

And you know Maxine is all in the spirit on this day.

MAXINE SAYS

I have my own little St. Patrick's Day motto: "Kiss off, I'm Irish."


An Irish Prayer

May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.


An Old Irish Blessing

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE

© Copyright 2009 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/640938-A-Fine-Shade-of-Green