*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/641304-JAY-LENO-AND-OBAMA
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#641304 added March 20, 2009 at 3:41am
Restrictions: None
JAY LENO AND OBAMA
    What a great television appearance! They did an excellent job. It was informative as well as entertaining. Because Jay is not your typical hard-nosed reporter, the questions he asked were more like the ones  everyday people have been thinking. Now you can't help but think Obama is smooth. No matter how much you like him, he's a politician, and they adopt certain ways to survive politically. Overall he was charming, and he assures us that answers are coming.

    Still it seems one of the things he is doing is making small appearances to reassure and educate the public, not unlike Roosevelt's fireside chats. The calmness he exudes comes from his legal background, from understanding what the law is and addressing that head on. And he does seem to go back to the basics, the background mentality and wrong thinking that led to the problems. He's not just addressing symptoms. That calmness and level-headedness is very reassuring.

    He did skirt the issue on one question, which is exactly one I would have asked. But it will come up again. The 90% tax thing that Congress is discussing does seem to open the way for attacking groups of people financially. That was not addressed satisfactorily, but certainly our legislators will come to their senses.

    But I agree with Jay. It seems like someone should go to jail. The executives that decided to use taxpayer money for bonuses. made a really foolish decision. Shouldn't they suffer some consequence? And just what is a bonus anyway? Something that can be gauranteed in a contract? Most of us operate on the system where if a bonus is even offered it's directly related to work performance, whether the individual, group, or entire company performance. Seems like AIG had poor performance and that no one would be due any bonus, even without taxpayer money. That needs to be explained.

      That was a good show. kevin and the band looked good in jackets and ties. It was respectful. And they looked excited to meet the president.

   

© Copyright 2009 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/641304-JAY-LENO-AND-OBAMA