*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/641712-Bonuses
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#641712 added March 23, 2009 at 7:01pm
Restrictions: None
Bonuses
What are the rest of us doing wrong? We work for companies that fire us or demote us or chew us out when we fail to perform. Why didn't we get contracts that gauranteed us "bonuses", even if we failed?

Why are all these corporate executives so much better than the rest of the population that they are paid bonuses for working at companies that fail? They weren't due commission checks for sales made, or meeting quarterly quotas. They didn't exceed goals for a department or as a company. They should be having wage freezes like the rest of us have had off and on for the last twelve years. Why did all those leaders get cars and houses? Why didn't their bosses wait and dispense the goodies after their success as a reward instead of paying out when performance was lacking?

I don't get it.

And what made these company leaders think they could take such huge amounts of taxpayer money and not have any guidelines? Did they think that Joe Sixpack would approve? Did they really think they could keep it a secret?

And where were our lawmakers? Why were they in such a hurry to pass this lousy bill and not give people time to read it and think about it before voting? Why wouldn't they say there are going to be stipulations or we're going to recall the loan? If someone lends me money, especially the government, they tell me what they expect of me; they just don't fork it over and say, "Have a good time."

And why are we seeing such greed, selfishness, and carelessness on such a massive level? If it were only a few misguided individuals, we might get mad for a while and drop it, but these recent events make you wonder what kind of people this nation has become. And the anger is not going away any time soon.

© Copyright 2009 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/641712-Bonuses