*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/641893-Pop
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#641893 added March 23, 2009 at 3:53pm
Restrictions: None
Pop!
Here I pop in for a moment because I need a break from work, and what do I find?

You all getting on with your lives without me!

How dare you? I thought I was loved, and adored, an integral part of your daily life. Yet I find naught an email asking how I am, what I've been up to or a short "miss you."

The only emails I find are the automatic "[REMINDER} Update Your Blog"

*sniffle*

Fine, be that way. I didn't miss you either! So there!

I'm kidding.

The break has been nice and productive. I've read three books so far, and at this point, that's a record. I'm also researching markets, and have found a few publishers that look promising.

I'm keeping record of my journey in my other blog at http://www.almarquardt.com/blog if'n you're interested.

Thomas is quite the little boy now. He can say a few words such as "ice," "this" and "light." He's still uncertain about walking, though he has taken up to five steps unassisted. He can crawl up the stairs lightning-quick. Going down, he requires help, but I think it's more his parents not wanting him to go down by himself.

He loves making a mess at mealtimes, and sometimes succeeds in placing a spoon or fork in his mouth without spilling it on his bib first.

When I take him to a play area in the mall, he mostly ignores the other kids and instead plays with the puzzle toys attached to the walls. Future engineer or mechanic?

Poor little guy, it seems, inherited some of my quirks. I'm a bulldog when it comes to solving a problem. No matter how frustrated to tears it makes me I refuse to give up. While a good thing on the surface, I've also broken many things, because I couldn't take it anymore.

Thomas is the same way. One time he cried and screamed because he couldn't figure out how a lid fit on a bowl. I finally had to take it away from him. When he gets older, I'm going to have to teach him to let a problem go for a while, before he whips himself into a frenzy.

It'll be tough, because I haven't learned that lesson yet.

That's all for now. Back to work for me!

I miss you, and hope to get back in touch with you after Easter.

Have a great week.

© Copyright 2009 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/641893-Pop