*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/642497-Entry-Five---March-25th
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1537666
This is for a contest.
#642497 added March 27, 2009 at 5:52pm
Restrictions: None
Entry Five - March 25th
Entry Five





The light in the hallway we entered had a bluish tinge, and the walls were not very far apart. There were cameras on the ceiling, watching our every move. Or they were supposed to be anyway. Alice used one of her many gadgets to disable them one by one, so they would just keep seeing an empty hallway, as if we never came. We passed a door on each side of us about every ten feet, but didn’t stop at any of them. The four of us finally came to the end of the hallway and followed Alice to what we knew to be the main control room. Alice opened the door easily, even with the handprint protection. The guard standing inside looked at her in confusion for a second, wondering why there was a hot blonde girl standing in front of him.


“Okay, it’s your turn, guys,” Alice said, stepping aside.


Chris stepped past her and knocked the guard out before he had a chance to react. Everyone else in the room turned to stare at us.


“Everyone stand up and put your hands out where I can see them. If you touch anything, you’ll be on the ground before you can say ‘ouch’,” Chris said. He looked pretty impressive, wearing all black and holding one of his many guns. 


“Who are you and what are you doing here?” asked a man with glasses and a large nose. He was clearly the one in charge, and the first to get over the shock of our arrival.


“None of your business, Mister,” I said, entering the room. “Just do what your told so we can do what we came here to do and get out of here.”


The man glared at me and was about to make a retort when I slid the knife out of my arm sheath and held it to his neck.


“Not another word.”


His eyes widened and he started to hyperventilate. I grinned. I knew that I had surprised him, since I didn’t look like much, especially compared to Chris. Why should he take orders from a dark-haired teenage girl a head shorter than him?


Everyone was standing then, too scared to say anything. Alice and Molly quickly sat down in front of the computers and started tapping rapidly on the keyboards.


“I’m in, and in a second, Matt will be,” Alice said.


“Good. According to this the girl is on the top floor, along with a lot of other kids,” Molly said.


“We’re only here for Tori,” I said. I hated leaving the rest, but we couldn’t deal with them now.


“Right.” She sighed and looked away from me, pulling her hat lower over her brown braids. She was wearing a lavender and green striped shirt and black pants, and was the only one of us wearing any color. She was also the only one without a weapon. But we all knew she didn’t need one.


“Matt’s in control,” Alice said. “All cameras are taken care of and the fifth floor is open. They won’t have time to do a thing. I’ll stay here and keep in touch with Matt. Chris should stay with me to keep these people under control. You and Molly go get Tori and come back. Do it quickly, we don’t have much time.”


“Got it,” I said.


“Oh, and take this.” She tossed me a communicator and I slipped it into a pocket.



© Copyright 2009 Ilana Shayn (UN: ilana_shayn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ilana Shayn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/642497-Entry-Five---March-25th