*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/642627-Entry-Seven---March-28th
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1537666
This is for a contest.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#642627 added March 28, 2009 at 12:50pm
Restrictions: None
Entry Seven - March 28th
Entry Seven





In my pocket, the communicator started beeping loudly and flashing yellow. I took it out and pressed the talk button. Alice’s face appeared on the screen. “Time’s up, Kaia. Matt had to let control of the computers go or they would be able to track his location. They’re coming for us.”


“What’s the plan for getting out?” I asked.


“We’re coming up, so stay put. James is picking us up on the roof. We have two minutes.”


“We’ll go quickly then.”


“Way ahead of you,” Alice said and the screen went blank.


Seconds later there was a loud crash as the door to the fifth floor was broken open by force and Alice and Chris ran down the hall.


“Kaia?” Tori asked.


“We’re leaving, Tori. We’re going somewhere safe.”


“I know, Kaia.”


Alice looked Tori up and down and Tori looked back like she was seeing way more than any of us did. I would always wonder what she saw when she had that look in her eyes.


“You’ll have to carry her, Chris.”


“No problem,” Chris said. He lifted the young girl easily and held her in the crook of his arm like she was a doll. Tori made no protest, but looked up at him with wide eyes.


“This way,” Alice said, and we followed her down the hall to a door that said ‘Not an Exit’. As soon as we opened the door an alarm started to go off, but it didn’t matter, since we would be gone in less than a minute. We went up a flight of stairs and onto the rooftop. James was waiting and we easily piled into his huge armored van. We flew away full speed, not looking back at the dark city behind us.





Tori slept soundly with her head resting next to me on the couch. Molly was the only one in the room with us. She was staring into space, clearly deep in thought. Then she turned and looked at me, her brown eyes sad.


“Do you think we will ever be free? That we won’t have to hide forever?” she asked.


I sighed. Why did she have to ask me? I was not the optimistic one. I always told as close to the truth as I could.


“I have no false dreams of a world of peace and unity, Molly. What I do have is visions of a world that will heal slowly, with our help. We will help free people one by one, and eventually we will have enough power to make a difference. Maybe, one day, we won’t have to hide who we are.”


“I don’t really know who I am anymore.”


“Then we will find ourselves along the way. All I know is we are not freaks to be experimented on.”


“Your right. Thank you, Kaia. Sometimes I feel like we have no hope. But we do.”


I looked down at my sister where she slept and smiled. “Yes, we have that at least.”



© Copyright 2009 Ilana Shayn (UN: ilana_shayn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ilana Shayn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/642627-Entry-Seven---March-28th