*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/644796-Easter
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1407297
These are my rambles, my thinking as I grow younger and younger.
#644796 added April 11, 2009 at 6:45am
Restrictions: None
Easter
EASTER. Today is Good Friday. I have changed my lifestyle this past week, and tried to be present in the moment. I have been out INto the world and feel more a part of the world.
I am thankful so much. I recently read my nephew's (who I raised as a son) blog:  www.societyofthesecondchance.blogspot.com/

There as I read from the first post until now, I came to know the horrow that my child faced these last 2 years as a full blown alcoholic at age 28, for at least 10 years. The shock of his finally asking for help - and his admission into Cottage Hospital in Santa Barbara, California was minor compared to the attending and specilist doctors stating that my boy had only a 20% chance to LIVE. 20% just to SURVIVE.

This information was only revealed through this PUBLIC blog. I had known that he had addiction and drinking issues, and the death of his Mother was a horrible blow to him. After her passing I found him weeping outside the Hospice and saying "I'm just a G..D..drunk". "I've never done anything good".

But, after the funeral, the Memorial celebration months later, he was back bartending in Frisco. His Mother told me years go he was a drunk. My solution was to go kidnap him and throw him into rehab. His blog discusses when and how he finally surrendered and wished for a new life.

Read it if you want to read a wrenching, yet spiritual diary of a young man becoming a new person inside and out.

More to follow............


© Copyright 2009 njames51 (UN: njames51 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
njames51 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/644796-Easter