*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/644925-EASTER
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1407297
These are my rambles, my thinking as I grow younger and younger.
#644925 added April 12, 2009 at 11:51am
Restrictions: None
EASTER
It comes each year, this season of Lent and the arrival of Easter. Yes, I am Catholic. So Easter is the main cornerstone beam, the main column above the foundation of Faith. Faith, you say, puzzled, how does one prove Faith. It is an elusive, "blowing bubbles" transient dissolving, re-awakening hummingbird. Ah, but the more challenging it's capture by us lowly, disheartened common folk. Faith is a foundation for building; the certainty and motivating belief for us to live and to venture  to "be' a  much better "I" or "We". Yes, doubt and anxiety creeps in. But every year, when we see the tomb of The Christ is empty, we can only draw sense to the obvious: "He once was dead, but now has Risen." He appeared in the following days to the women who ministered to Him. He appeared to the spineless,doubting apostles. He spoke through His human form: "See the wounds layed upon me. Touch the wounds of my hands and my feet. Surely you cannot doubt my bodily presence." Of all that was written of him, and by every word spoken by Peter and Thomas and James, these words give significant power to this idea of Faith: "I will be with you always, even until the end of time."
Easter is a renewal, a reminder of events centuries before. NO OTHER human being has truly been a constant in this earthly world. Christ Jesus, for the "only one of many" crucified that day, has shown through His Rising and defeat of Death, that HE IS the beam, the cornerstone, the brick, the mortar of that small word: FAITH.

Happy Easter. May you all feel a small breeze next to you, and may you wonder (if only for a second): "Was that the Risen Lord walking near me?" Oh, but for those brief seconds of faith, Jesus The Lord again has made us wonder.


© Copyright 2009 njames51 (UN: njames51 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
njames51 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/644925-EASTER