*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646844-Enhanced-Interrogation
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#646844 added April 25, 2009 at 8:59pm
Restrictions: None
Enhanced Interrogation
    I'm probably just mean. I agree that torture of everyday citizens like you and me is cruel. We aren't soldiers. We aren't trained to kill or destroy. But if you're polite to a trained terrorist, or a Navy seal, you aren't going to get results.

    From what I've heard, Americans haven't beheaded anyone lately, like our Arab terrorists have. We haven't cut off any limbs or removed any fingernails. We're dealing with hardened people here who are prepared to lose their lives for their cause. We're not talking about the average civilian citizens of these countries.

    Three years ago, a friend of mine, a civilian, was in Afghanistan for a private company to give medical assistance to the military or local residents. He saved lives. He healed bodies. He didn't carry a gun or cause anyone any harm. One morning a knock came on the door, and he opened it, since they were on friendly terms with the locals. He had told his wife they got along great with the local people and sometimes ate together.

    But when he opened the door, a stranger fired a gun and ran. My friend died instantly as his midsection was blown apart. His young children had no daddy, and now no income.

    Who spoke up in outrage on his part? Who took revenge? Where were the jounalists to lament the death of an innocent civilian who only wanted to help others? Where were the headlines decrying that injustice?

    In this current case, the real culprits are the journalists and media owners who want to vilify America for their own good. We're presented with a biased and relentless tirade all day long. Let it rest and be resolved without the help of the press and the cheap internet stories.




© Copyright 2009 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646844-Enhanced-Interrogation