*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/647426-A-Country-Drive-In-Spring-XD
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1552956
Thinking Out Loud
#647426 added April 29, 2009 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
A Country Drive In Spring XD
There is something so youthful about climbing into a fast car, cranking up the music and down the windows. Spring is here and the air is warm enough to roll back the sunroof too. Oh, and I do!
The warm weather has been teasing me all week. Taunting me to come out and play. My shades are on and I ease into fourth gear. The wind playfully rouses my hair into a chaotic golden dance. I glance in the review mirror. The 'cool' factor is definitely there. I should have put on lipstick before I left the house, but worries are not for today. I'm fresh. I'm alive!
My foot toys with the gas petal. I'm cruising in fifth now. The need for speed edges me on and I will enthusiastically oblige as soon as I get the chance. 'Streamline' by System of a Down suddenly comes on the radio as if by kismet. It's just the sort of fast paced raunchy song I need to pull me over to the dark side. The side where going slow isn't an option and tempting fate is fun. I laugh.
There's a break in the traffic up ahead and I drop the gear to fourth as my foot instinctively hits the floor. The rpm advances and the engine screams – I’m in the red line. My adrenaline keeps up and I push it hard before slamming it into fifth. The mustang and I fly across the open road leaving the crusty cold winter far behind.

© Copyright 2009 prospexi (UN: prospexi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
prospexi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/647426-A-Country-Drive-In-Spring-XD