*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/648051-Pumped-Up
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#648051 added May 3, 2009 at 9:04pm
Restrictions: None
Pumped Up
There's a quote attributed to Einstein to the effect that insanity is defined as repeating an action and expecting a different result each time.

With that in mind, I went back to the body pump class today. This time, Kirstin went with me. She said it was to be supportive, but I think she was afraid I'd seduce the instructor (which is nonsense; on the S/M scale I'm entirely S, and obviously, so is Amy).

This time, knowing a bit more about what to expect, I backed off a bit on the weights, and when it was done I was able to walk out instead of crawling on my belly.

The trouble with exercise is that it extends your life - by, apparently, the amount of time you spend exercising. So I'm still having trouble seeing the point. Except that, you know, I actually feel better afterward - if I haven't collapsed.

But what I'm really pumped up about is Tuesday night - when Bruce returns to my town!

© Copyright 2009 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/648051-Pumped-Up