*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/648165-Rockin-and-Rollin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#648165 added May 4, 2009 at 3:03pm
Restrictions: None
Rockin' and Rollin'.
Greetings from the wild and windy Atlantic. Considering the size and weight of the Queen Mary 2 it’s quite surprising how much motion there is. There are almost four thousand people on board as well as four dogs and two cats, so it’s quite mind boggling to watch the progress of the ship as it travels around twenty five miles an hour through the stark and inky waters. I think we’re about a third of the way over now and around two thousand miles from New York. It’s still all very surreal, exciting and interesting, with plenty to do and see on board. There’s some very interesting personalities around and we’ve decided our dining companions are rather like a set of Cluedo characters. Whether Miss Scarlett commits murder in the dining room with a steak knife is yet to be seen.

I ponder at the amount of food and wonder if the ship sinks lower and lower in the water as passengers gain weight. But then again, the amount of times we get lost and spend walking corridors and climbing stairs must be burning some calories at least. There has been some concern over what is now called Influenza type A, with the main advice being to wash hands as frequently as possible. Considering the Commodore shook hands with every passenger on our deck last night, that seems a little silly, but so far, so good. As far as I know there are no outbreaks of any epidemics as yet.

I’m hoping I’ll manage to wake up in time to witness the arrival at six in the morning on Friday as the boat sails into Brooklyn Pier. Until then internet activity will be limited but I hope everyone is well and keeping out of trouble. More soon.

© Copyright 2009 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/648165-Rockin-and-Rollin