*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/649293-An-Update
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#649293 added May 11, 2009 at 11:53pm
Restrictions: None
An Update
Bill passed away last night. I don't know the particulars, but I'm sure he merely went to sleep and didn't wake up.

I hope to go that way, although the months of knowing it could be any minute I don't necessarily want.

Then again, I have no choice or control over how I leave this world. I just hope its way, way, way into the future. At least 40 years.

Anyway, the funeral isn't until the 23rd. I think they planned it that way so members of the family can plan the trip. Many of them live all across the US from Washington DC to Arizona and from Texas to Michigan.

It'll also give Dave and I plenty of time to clean our house. I'm sure we'll be hosting at least two of his brothers and their family so they don't have to pay for hotel rooms.

I spent the last two hours cleaning my computer area. Yeah, it was that bad. I think I swept up four pounds of dust bunnies and dog hair, and Dave took three trips to the garbage. Plus I found a few things I lost, such as a writer's devotional, small containers Thomas likes to play with and a few of his toys.

Only eight more rooms to go.

Yea.

Thanks, Bill (go ahead and laugh. He'd appreciate the joke).

I'm so grateful we were able to spend time with him before he left.

I'll bet he's fishing with Jesus right now.

© Copyright 2009 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/649293-An-Update