*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650371-Prompt-1
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1561660
contest entry 7 prompts
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#650371 added May 18, 2009 at 3:52am
Restrictions: None
Prompt 1
I can remember it like it was yesterday. Xyiss sat across from me on the bus wondering why, I was wondering the same thing but neither of us had an answer.
Xyiss was my TWIN brother. I was always jealous of Xyiss because his eye's were a brilliant CHERRY red, just like our mothers. I was unfoutunate enough to have white eye's, like our wretch of a father, for whom I am named.
TWO years before we got on the bus Xyiss stood at the top of the STAIRS to our house and looked down at me with a sadness in his face.
"Grale...What went wrong?"
Sadly enough I couldn't even answer my brother; His question pierced me like an arrow, what could I say to ease my brothers thoughts?
"Nothing went wrong, Xyiss...it just hasn't gone right yet, you'll see.
After all, none of it was our fault, we didn't start this...this abomination was our fathers doing."
Xyiss shook his head in disagreement towards me.
"You know as well as I do that the sins of the father fall to the sons...it's just as much our fault as it is his. We need to fix this...we have to make things right again, Grale."
The bus screeched to a halt and I was jolted from my thoughts and back to reality.
"Come on, this is where we stop."
I said to Xyiss, as we got off the bus Xyiss look at me, there was a seriousness in his eye's I had never seen before.
"No, Grale...this is where we start."
© Copyright 2009 Lady Blackheart (UN: ladyblackheart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lady Blackheart has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650371-Prompt-1