*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650869
by Sunny
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1557641
A 30 day writing challenge!
#650869 added May 21, 2009 at 6:52am
Restrictions: None
Day 13 / 500 Words +
** Image ID #1558952 Unavailable **

Word Cnt: 570

Sarah sat there watching Rick's dad and wondering why he did not just tell the truth but Rick was his pick and he could do no wrong in his eyes but then she thought about how terrible it must of really been for him and the rest of there family.

Her mind was racing about her life with him, his dad never gave any notion as to why Rick was like he was but catered to Rick at lot.

Then she heard her lawyer say: What would have you done if your son would have exceeded in killing your daughter in law? His lawyer jump up and rejected to that question. Sarah thought what did that man think Rick was trying to do? But the judge decided and he had to answer the question.

I would be here for my son and support him, sir. The whole court room gasp when he said that! You would support your son for murder but yet you let him beat and terrorzie your daughter in law?
Is that a question said the other lawyer, yes it is Sarah's lawyer said, do I need to rephrase your honor? No, and the judge looked at Jack and said sir you may answer.

I meant that I would be here for my son that is all I meant. Why didn't you get your son some help? We did. Really? Yes. Well sir in that folder that is still sitting in front of you turn the page. He turned the page and looked it over slowly and carefully. What is it Sarah's lawyer said. It is a document where he went to a he stop and looked at the lawyer as if he wanted to kill him.

You son saw a doctor correct? Yes he did, and what does this report say that you can understand sir? Well it is saying that my son has anger issues basically. Did he ever have to go to anger management? He went a couple of times. When was this? When he was a teenage. How long before he meet Sarah? About a years worth, sir. A year's worth, and you let him date?

Yes. What happened to the other girls that Rick dated? They broke up. Did him and Sarah ever break up? Yes, they use to argue all the time. Really? Yes. Is that what Rick told you? No, I watched my children with the person they dated, I saw it with my own eyes sir. Tell us what you saw. I saw Rick and Sarah argue just like any kids do sir.

Did you watch when Rick slap her you know when they were just dating? NO, he shouted he never laid a hand on her till about five years ago. Sarah was sitting there taking it all in, she actually felt sorry for him and tears slowly ran down her face.

Why did she care so much for this family, they sure did not care to much for her. Then she remembered a time when Rick and his dad and his brothers when on a fishing trip and when they came back his brothers had black eyes and his dad had a puffy lip but no one ever said a word as to why.



© Copyright 2009 Sunny (UN: sunnie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sunny has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650869