*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651157-77-Sunset-Strip
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#651157 added May 29, 2009 at 6:45pm
Restrictions: None
77 Sunset Strip
Funny, how some words remind us of old TV shows!

A while ago, hubby said, “Come look at the sunset.” The sun sets at the back of our house over the golf course, which is usually spectacular, albeit short-lived. All southern states’ sunsets have short lives compared to those up north, where lingering sunsets inspire the poets.

I think it was the word sunset; however, my mind is tricky. I never know what will trigger what. “Do you remember that TV show with sunset way back when?” I asked.

Then, we both talked about that show of the fifties and early sixties, 77 Sunset Strip, finally coming up with the show's name. First, Hubby remembered Kookie in the show as the early Fonz, the guy who snapped his fingers and uttered phrases like, “I’m piling on Z’s.”

We both had to stir our brains to come up with the name of the actor who played the main character. Finally, after a few faulty guesses, I fished out Efrem Zimbalist Jr. as the private eye working in an office on 77 Sunset Boulevard in LA. Each episode was a heart-stopper suspense where mostly someone would want to do away with Stu Bailey (Efrem Zimbalist Jr.) and Stu would go after the would-be killers and the clues, as clues did the trick, and catch those unfortunates by the show’s end. Stu had a partner and a sexy French-speaking secretary.

It is said that some other private eye shows that came much later were based on 77 Sunset Strip, but by then, extra channels and cable TV had sprung up, and I had lost my enthusiasm over detective agencies.

Now the sunset is over and it is almost dark outside, the memory of 77 Sunset Strip is put on the shelf again together with the fashion of Martinis and sleek Thunderbirds. *Smile*

Memory is never simple. As they say, even a monkey will fall from a tree sometimes...especially when trying to recall old TV shows. *Laugh*




© Copyright 2009 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651157-77-Sunset-Strip