*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651384-losin-my-heart
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Shyly
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1563702
child's play is overrated
#651384 added May 24, 2009 at 4:39am
Restrictions: None
losin my heart
It had been the worst of surprises finding his best friend in the arm of his brother, with their lips locked, he’d thought he was about to faint feeling light headed, he couldn’t believe it, it was such a shock.  The image wouldn’t leave him, her moaning and his brother-his brother…when she’d seen him and her eyes had widened all he could do was get out of there.  He hurried out, made his way out the door for some fresh air.  He wasn’t sure but his chest sure felt heavy, too heavy, his eyes stung, why? He really didn’t know.  He took deep steadying breaths, sat down and calmed himself, it wasn’t the first time he’d seen Dona kissing some guy, but he sure hadn’t imaged her having sex, and especially with his brother.  It was true, when she had said that her and his brother were sort of alike, she was a big flirt and so was he, for some reason it had always been at the back of his head that Dona was more of a flirt when she was around him…as if she was trying to prove something.





The minute she had seen Shane she’d pushed Jamal away, she wondered what she had done.  She’d never felt so ashamed of herself , especially with that disappointed, almost agonizing look in Shane’s eyes.  Her chest had thumped and she felt like something heavy had just dropped to the bottom of her stomach.  As she dressed she couldn’t help feeling dirty, feeling the need to get out of there, she felt the need to run away.  As she walked down the stairs she saw Mrs. Khan.


         “Donatella, where are you going in such a hurry?  Aren’t you staying for breakfast?” Dona didn’t know what to say…the door opened


         “Yeah Dona, why don’t you stay for breakfast?” Shane said in an expressionless tone, he didn’t even bother to look at her, “this is your second home after all, isn’t that what you always say?” He looked at her with blank eyes and Mrs. Lawrence thought ‘oh dear’ and scurried out.


“Um…Shane…” she started


“You slept with my brother” he said coldly, “God Dona, for once, just once couldn’t you keep your f***ing legs closed?”


         “What’s going on” Jamal said nonchalantly, he draped his arm over Dona’s shoulder, oblivious to the rising heat and anger.  Dona Shrugged out of Jamal arm, slowly inching away..


         “Maybe I should…go home” she choked out not taking her eyes of Shane’s back.


         “I’ll tell mom you had an emergency” he said icily, she nodded but knew he hadn’t seen her, she looked at Jamal biting her lips, then bowed her head and walked away…she stopped.


         “Shane…am sorry” This was the most she’d ever seen him mad, she could see him trying to control his anger, his back was stiff.


         “Get out” after a long silence he said nastily, she took a deep breath and walked out the door before she embarrassed herself even more.





Jamal couldn’t believe how his brother had treated Donatella, he’d pretended to not have heard the outburst so as not to embarrass Dona…


         “Shane…”


         “Don’t f***ing talk to me”


         “You didn’t have to treat her like that” Jamal snapped


         “You didn’t have to stick your tongue down her throat, better yet you didn’t have to f*** her!”


         “I didn’t force her, she did what she wanted”


         “And what was that? You?”


         “We didn’t do anything wrong” before he could even finish Shane’s fist had landed on his face…





Her mom had arrived home, Dona just sat; face black as she stared at the also black TV. 


         “Dona, dear what’s wrong with you?” Her mom asked, Dona didn’t answer.  “Dona talk to me…what’s wrong with you?”  Her mom’s eyes were worried… “Sweetie…”


         “I messed up mom…really bad…he’s never goanna talk to me again” her daughter never cried over a guy, over the years they had learned to support each other, after her father’s death they had learned to not just be mother and daughter, they had learned to be friends.  Dona told her mother of all her friends and boyfriends, it hadn’t taken her long though to figure out that in all her friends Shane’s friendship meant the most to her, the only one that could make her break down like this.


         “What happened, tell me…”


         “He told me not to, he really did, told me not to…god mom, if you’d seen the look on his face…my heart mom, it really hurts” she grabbed the part of her shirt as if she could hold her breaking heart in it, she looked as if she was in so much pain and it took Nadine just that look of pain, the look she’d had on her face when they had told her her husband was dead, it took just that look for her to realize that through all these years, her daughter had been falling slowly in love…


         “Oh god, baby…” she wrapped her arms around her, knowing she couldn’t be the one to help her out of this one, she knew her daughter had to figure this one out on her own, it still hurt to know she couldn’t help her.   


© Copyright 2009 Shyly (UN: djoulde at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shyly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651384-losin-my-heart