*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651387-VA-is-where-the-life-is-at
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Shyly
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1563702
child's play is overrated
#651387 added May 24, 2009 at 4:42am
Restrictions: None
VA is where the life is at!
A year later…


         “Are you sure about this, you don’t have to do this you know” Nadine begged


         “I know ma, but come on, I can’t live with you for the rest of my life…” She smiled rolling her eyes


         “Oh sweetie, am goanna miss you…”


         “Not with Jones no you’re not” her mom was getting remarried, Jones was a real nice man, but Dona felt like she was in the way, she finally thought it was time to move on.


         “Oh honey, am so proud of you, you know that right?”


         “Yeah mom, I heard you the last 50 times”


         “Just twenty” Dona laughed and hugged her mom.


         “K, am out of here, you better come visit me, whenever you and Jones decide to bet married, am the bridesmaid you know, me and Caro both” She was moving in into a house that she had rented with Caro, they had both decided to move to Virginia, Caro had graduated along with Shane and had gotten a job at a firm in Virginia which she did not want to turn down.  Donatella had decided she needed a new scene, something to make her forget the past, she had transferred to a college down in VA, had moved in for the time being with Caro.  They had decided to divide the bill half half, Caro at first had been against it, seeing how she made more money than Dona, but Donatella had refused her friend’s decision to pay most of the bill.


She knew moving to VA was a big transition, and she was going to miss this town that she’d grown up in, but she was really happy to finally with herself.  After thinking of what had happened with her and Shane, she had rationed that yes it was her fault, but she could not keep on going on as she had.  He had moved, he’d told her to move on; she was finally ready to do just that!


“Am so excited’ she screeched to Caro


         “Girl calm down, you’re sure about this right Dona?  This is not just because of Shane is it?”


         “O God Caro, it’s been a year, am over it, I finally realized that there comes a time in your life that you have to make decisions that impact your life, I made mine and I gotta live with it, and try to make the best of it” she shrugged smiling at her friend.


         “Okay, I’d just hate to…”


         “Come on Caro…be happy…think Virginia…the beautiful sun, the heat…you know how to hate the cold” Caro grinned mischievously at her.


         “Virginia here I come” She laughed.


© Copyright 2009 Shyly (UN: djoulde at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shyly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651387-VA-is-where-the-life-is-at