*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651391-i-love-you
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Shyly
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1563702
child's play is overrated
#651391 added May 24, 2009 at 4:46am
Restrictions: None
i love you
She had to ask, she just had to know…Dona was outside on the terrace, she was wrapped up in a blanket sitting in a chair, reading a book, should she disturb her?  Dona hadn’t seemed to like her overmuch, she had acted coldly towards her, even Mrs. Lawrence at least seemed to be trying, Dona wasn’t even trying to like her.


         “Hey…” Suze called, Dona looked surprised to see her but smiled nonetheless, that was a good sign “What you doing out here?”


         “Relaxing, waiting for my mom to get here, I lived right next door”


         “Oh…”


         “Yea” they quieted


         “So, uh…you and Shane…” just get right to the point, Dona raised a brow at her


         “Yea?”


         “Were you guys like together?”


         “No” Suze wondered if Dona wasn’t going to say anything, the girl obviously had no plans, she went right back to reading her book.


         “Oh, uh but you guys were best friends right?”


         “Yep” she didn’t even bother to look up from her book.


         “You don’t look like best friends no more” she didn’t say anything, didn’t even look up, “Can I ask what happened?” ‘can you look up and act like you’re listening?’ she wanted to scream.


Dona looked up, closed her book and stood up.


         “Am not an information tool kit, you wanna find something out, ask your fiancée, whatever he says then, is of no problem to me, my mom’s here” she took the blanket off, opened the door, letting a breeze of cold air in as she walked out.  Suze bit her lips, yep, the girl definitely did not like her.





Shane was in bed watching some football show, the room they had been giving was a mess, Suze wondered if it was because of her…


         “Baby, I don’t think anyone likes me here” she whispered to him as she cuddled near him.


         “Why do you say that?”          


         “You can’t be serious” Suze sat up, “You family is like so cold towards me, especially that Dona girl.”


         “She’s not family…”


         “She might as well be, Shane look at the room they gave us!” she swiped around, he frowned.


         “What’s wrong with it?”


         “It’s a mess, it’s not cleaned up, it’s dirty, smells like socks!”


         “It’s my old room” she looked about to say something then closed her mouth, opened and closed it again.


         “Well…then…you should clean it” out of words she lay back down, she tapped his chest, Shane managed not to laugh at her despondent expression.  He flipped over her, leaning on his forearm, he kissed her forehead, the tip of her nose, her chin, then her lips.  As he slowly trailed a wave of kissed down her neck, she reluctantly put her arms around him…he could tell from her stiffness that something was obviously bothering her, he signed.


         “Tell me what’s wrong” he said laying back down.


         “It’s just, well I wanna know what’s going on between you and Dona” he was quiet


         “Nothing”


         “Nothing, just nothing…it’s not nothing when my fiancée looks at anther women the way he’s supposed to be looking at me”


         “What’s that supposed to mean?” he sat up frowning.


         “Come on, those looks that you guys kept shooting at each other, the complete sexual energy, I mean really, I was a psychology major, I just wanna know what’s going on…is this goanna affect us…”


         “Baby, baby, look at me…there is nothing going on between me and Dona, we used to be friends, nothing more than that”


         “Really?”


         “Really”


         “What happened?”


         “I don’t know…we grew apart, we grew up…life…shit if I know”


         “You’re lying” he signed


         “No, she slept with my brother, reason enough for our friendship to turn weird, but things had started changing way before that…her sleeping with my brother was just…I don’t know…a turning point I guess” a hand through his hair in obvious exasperation.


         “How long ago was this?”


         “I don’t know, about a year” he closed his eyes


         “A year ago?” she swallowed, “Three months ago you asked me to marry you”


         “Ugh God, here we go”


         “What do you mean here we go?  If I were to guess that the only reason you went into such a hurry in our relationship wasn’t because you loved me but because of her would that be true?”


         “No, it wouldn’t be true…”


         “You never said you loved me” she whispered, “I constantly tell you I love you and you never say it”


         “I love you, okay? There, I love you, what now?” he yelled jumping from the bed, “Shit, you have to make a big deal out of everything, whatever that f*** you’re psychoanalyzing, you’re not doing it right, I need a f***ing smoke…” he grabbed a jacket and walked, not knowing why he was so angry in the first, she had just wanted to know, did she not have that right?  But why, why did she have to open old wounds, that hadn’t even healed to begin with?


© Copyright 2009 Shyly (UN: djoulde at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shyly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651391-i-love-you