*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/652897-Who-got-elected-and-who-didnt
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#652897 added June 3, 2009 at 9:01am
Restrictions: None
Who got elected, and who didn't
1. We voted yesterday. Madame Flyswatter did NOT win, I am glad to say. She had been mayor before, and the incumbent beat her. She ran against him again this time, and I suppose there were still enough people who were displeased with her. He won 67% to 33%, or thereabouts. We moved here during the last year of her term, so we didn't personally know that much about her, but our neighbors, as well as other friends, had filled us in on all of her antics. I think the ones who voted for her must have been her relatives.

2. There is this one family in town: ooohwee. Just let me tell you. The husband ran for alderman. This man has three kids around the same age as our three kids. . We are familiar with this family. We used the same day care, our kids are in the same grades, our girls did cheerleading with their girls, plus the mom coached cheerleading one year. The parents are incredibly snobbish. All the times we have been on the football field together, even when she was the cheerleader coach and I was a parent of a cheerleader, they never spoke to us. All the times we have been at the day care and the school at the same time picking our kids up, they have never spoken to us. They are MUCH too good to speak to such as us, you understand. So, he pops up to run for alderman, and we said we weren't voting for him. I am pleased to say that Mr. Snooty-Pants lost.

3. There were nine people running for five alderman positions. Our former neighbor has been an alderman for four years, and he ran again. He is one of the nicest people you can imagine - his whole family is nice. He came in first, with the most number of votes. Of course, it doesn't make any difference, since it is a simple matter of the top five vote-getters winning, but that was still nice to see. Nice guys CAN come in first.

4. Emily's former teacher's husband became an alderman. Their daughter is also Anna Claire's dance teacher's assistant. Small-town America, that's us.

5. We can now take the sign out of our yard. In fact, I am thrilled that ALL the signs all over the town are coming down.

© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/652897-Who-got-elected-and-who-didnt