*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/653820-To-write-is-to-live
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1553962
My journey to completing my first novel
#653820 added June 9, 2009 at 2:54pm
Restrictions: None
To write is to live
Candle flame flickers as the door shuts, the yellow light hurts my eyes and I feel them start to water.  I stand still, tension making my shoulders ache.  I wonder why I am here as I look around the group of robed figures standing before the altar.  None turn my way as I step forward wearing my white robe, the colour of a novice.  There are nine people standing in a circle, eight wear black robes and one wears a robe of deep red that seems to shimmer and move like rolling water. 





I take my place in the centre of the circle, the initiation begins.  The others chant, a deep humming sound that vibrates through to my bones.  Their voices are low and I can't make out the words, I think it is latin.  I can not see their faces, the hoods of the robes are pulled low, only their clasped hands are visible.  My heart hammers in my chest and I glance around hoping they can't hear the beating.  The chanting stops and the red robed figure holds a knife against their forearm, I know that this person is the Master.  I feel nauseous at the thought of what is to come.  I watch as the light glints off the blade, in one quick motion the Master cuts a line down their forearm and blood spills out.  Quickly the Masters apprentice who stands on the right holds a goblet underneath the flowing blood.  The chanting has stopped and silence fills the room.






© Copyright 2009 CuriousBones (UN: epiphany09 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
CuriousBones has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/653820-To-write-is-to-live