*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/654178-GROOVING
by J.Ro
Rated: · Book · Personal · #1554325
Blog-Rolling as the Mood Strikes
#654178 added June 16, 2009 at 8:50pm
Restrictions: None
GROOVING
Now that I am no longer on Facebook, I am filling my hours with much more productive and fun activities.

Tonight, I found on YouTube several videos of line dances I am dying to perform with the advanced class on Wednesday and Saturday nights at 2 different clubs.

Three hours of non-stop dancing flew by as fast as time flies on Facebook. But the advantages of dancing far outweigh the fun on Facebook.

Aside from the great exercise and calorie burning, I had a blast learning and practicing the steps, then dancing along with the videos of dance crews at play. 

I kept getting better and better, so it became more and more fun. And the anticipation of performing with others in the coming days was completely exhilarating.

That's when I remembered that learning is simply a matter of deepening the "rut" between brain synapses.  The more an action is repeated, the deeper and stronger the "rut' becomes which simply means that learning is taking place.

The stronger and deeper the rut, the more this new knowledge becomes an automatic part of us. And I need the dance steps to be as automatic as possible since there are so many dances to learn.

So that is why practicing is the real key to learning. To deepen that rut of new information.

At my age, learning does not happen rapidly.  However, I can perform with the best as long as I make these new dance steps my own by repeating them ad nauseum.

With my OCD, it's a natural!

Practice practice practice (OCD OCD OCD).

That is why between 9PM and midnight tonight I learned both "Baja" and "Hideaway Cha" to relative perfection.

I am soooo excited!  Can't wait to dance with the advanced class Saturday night and again next Wednesday. 

YippeeKayo!


© Copyright 2009 J.Ro (UN: jgoldrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
J.Ro has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/654178-GROOVING