*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/658472-Predictions
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#658472 added July 9, 2009 at 9:56pm
Restrictions: None
Predictions
    Statisticians predict that in 20 years or less, we will be a predominantly Hispanic society. Blacks, traditionally a minority, will still be a minority equal to Caucasians. The language will continue to become bi-lingual. As Hispanics continue to increase in numbers at record speed, the political scene will shift in their favor. Business, in an attempt to take Hispanic money, will cater in bilingual format, and appeal in other markets than the traditional ones.

    A pastor friend has remarked that how blacks and whites treat Hispanics today will influence how they are treated in twenty years by the new majority. We have to learn to adjust to a shift in our culture.

    By contrast, a similar situation exists in Israel. No hot Hispanics. Arabs. Israel desires to remain a Jewish state. The Jews in Israel tend to have more money and more education. Arabs are poor in that area. Traditionally, people with less money have more children than people with more money. The Jews fear that if left alone to mingle or take over neighborhoods. that Arabs will get the political upper hand and Israel will cease to be a Jewish state. I had always heard it was because of their fanatical attachment to the promised land since the days of Moses, but it's a desert and the political majority makes more sense.

    So they either ban the Arabs to one small area or run them out. Unlike America, which has a shorter history and little sense of entitlement, they are not going to stand idly by, saying there's nothing they can do. Unfortunately, many Israeli's feel like war is the answer, as though killing will scare off the Arabs.

    Solutions for either country are not easy. Israel is in dire need of peace and direction. Clashing cultures need to decide if they can compromise or continue to be exclusive.

© Copyright 2009 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/658472-Predictions