*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/659989-Passions
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#659989 added January 16, 2010 at 1:05am
Restrictions: None
Passions
    Recently, something I read caused me to stop and think about the things that make my blood boil, that arouse my passion, or sympathy. Almost everybody cares about something. I did some self-evaluation and also thought about how other people face this issue. There are lots of tender hearted people all around me, who may not have considered these areas of concern as passion.

    I know some people who are moved to heroics for pets that are neglected, abandoned, or abused. Some work tirelessly for the homeless. Others are moved strongly for politics, or health care, or a particular disease. One man I knew was concerned about the elderly in the neighborhood where he worked who couln't take care of their properties any more. He organized some people, including teens, to trim shrubs, weed flower beds, clean gutters, fix door hinges, and check steps and railings for safety, and other small tasks. And the work brightened up the day of some lonely people who didn't get many visitors.

  A friend of mine became a champion of The American Cancer Society after her nephew died of cancer. The organization had helped with travel expenses and found a place for his parents to stay on lengthy and frequent visits to a hospital out of town. She wanted to enable them to do the same for other families facing this crisis. 

    So what makes your blood boil? What arouses you? Do you stand up for underdogs or children or the disabled? Are you a tree-hugger? Do you help people with the same disease as a friend or relative of yours? Find something that moves you passionately, not just a hobby or sport, but something that makes the world a better place  or helps someone have a better life.

© Copyright 2010 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/659989-Passions