*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/662818-Preferences-in-a-nutshell
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1587540
Not hardcore enough to be ultra nerdy, but it's not that shallow, either.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#662818 added January 16, 2010 at 1:58pm
Restrictions: None
Preferences in a nutshell
Since the purpose of this blog is to go into detail about random sci-fi topics, I'll keep it simple here. However, I'll provide enough details here to give you an idea of what to expect.

*Star* My first science fiction love was Star Trek. I still adore it. I watched it and Star Wars around the same time (about 17 years ago), but Trek just resonated with me more. And for those of you who care, I grew up with TNG .

*Star* I was actually bored by the first (and I do mean first) Star Wars movie.

*Star* I'm not entirely sure how vampires really figure into science fiction, but they seem to be doing that a lot these days.

*Star* I like my sci-fi with lots of guys and a dash of politics.

*Star* I've stuck with Heroes through thick and thin over the past couple years.

*Star* If it's on, I'll watch Doctor Who but only really kept up with the third season of the reboot (for a lack of better word). I think Rose was a good character in the first season of new Who, but I think Martha was better developed as her season went on.

*Star* I don't read many science-fiction books. Those I do read only contain sci-fi elements (as opposed to strongly adhering to genre standards).

*Star* One of the reasons I like sci-fi is because most of the characters are male (and often messed up in some way).

*Star* Some movies in the genre are hit-or-miss. I tried to sit through Blade Runner twice. I just couldn't finish it because it didn't hold my attention.

*Star* I will glance at sci-fi wank but generally don't get involved unless I'm really bored AND rankled.


That gives a pretty good idea of what I like/follow in sci-fi and what you can expect to see discussed in this blog. Buckle up!


© Copyright 2010 Elisa the Bunny Stik (UN: soledad_moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elisa the Bunny Stik has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/662818-Preferences-in-a-nutshell