*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/662891-Sunday-August-9-2009
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#662891 added November 23, 2009 at 7:19pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Sunday, August 9, 2009

         Whose report will you believe?  I will believe the report of the Lord. 

         Tell me, whose report will you believe?  I will believe the report of the Lord.


         That old chorus is ringing in my ears as I write honestly and openly about my journey.

         As Robert Frost said, ...Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.  As I read his poem, THE ROAD NOT TAKEN, I believe it may have been written in the fall of his life. 

         I think about God and how he leads us and always provides choices -- free will -- options.  Sometimes either road we may choose is fine with Him.  (He let's us choose, already knowing what choice we will make.  His Word says that He knows the beginning from the end... and the end from the beginning... and He knew us before we were formed in our mother's womb.)  Sometimes one road is His perfect will for us and the other road is not.  Yet he never forsakes us along the way.  He is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. 

         Embrace Him today and let Him lead you in paths of righteousness for His name's sake. 

         I've been meditating on Psalm 23---especially yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me...  I believe the world we are living in is the valley of the shadow of death.  As I walk along, I'm comforted in knowing He is with me.  That His love for me -- never wavers, changes -- is everlasting.  It is my desire to follow Him.

© Copyright 2009 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/662891-Sunday-August-9-2009