*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/663506-Not-TGIF
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#663506 added June 13, 2013 at 12:38pm
Restrictions: None
Not TGIF
If I think long and hard, I can still recall that joyous feeling the end of a working week brought and the anticipation of a relaxing or entertaining weekend.

I tell people one of the downsides of not being employed is there's no buzz about weekends or holidays from work any longer. They often give me a funny look, but then that could be for other reasons. Days tend to meld into one another and it sometimes takes an effort to even work out what day it is.

I'm not fond of weekends any longer. They're usually pretty bland with family responsibilities dominating and little opportunity to escape routines. But this coming weekend will be a very testing and tiring one I'm sure. Tomorrow morning the grandkids will arrive early and will be our sole responsibility until Sunday evening. Insert music from Jaws here.

Please send -

*Bullet* Reinforcements. Our furniture and belongings will need twenty-four hour protection from two pairs of meddling, grubby hands and feet.

*Bullet* Tranquilisers. My one remaining nerve, already precarious after my Dad has pressed his alarm button three times in a fortnight, may just threaten to expire completely. Maybe we can add one each to the Ribena as well.

*Bullet* Food Parcels. With constant activity and needing eyes in the back of our heads there'll be no time to escape to the kitchen to cook and no chance of dining out with a couple of bouncing Tiggers in attendance.

*Bullet* Earplugs. Just the one pair will do. I'd hate hubby to lose out on the pleasure of changing nappies, mixing drinks or playing peek-a-boo in the middle of the night.

*Bullet* Long life batteries. Energy levels are already low and without a boost we may just keel over and atrophy before the weekend is over. The kids already have them. but unfortunately we can't find the compartment to remove them or the 'off' switch.

I'm not sure I was cut out for this Nannahood business. *Rolleyes*

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/663506-Not-TGIF