*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/663799-Old-School-Recaps-Part-1
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1587540
Not hardcore enough to be ultra nerdy, but it's not that shallow, either.
#663799 added January 16, 2010 at 2:00pm
Restrictions: None
Old School Recaps, Part 1
**NOTE: If a recap is for an episode during the current season, I will use popnotes. Otherwise, all the text will be presented. I figure if it's been a year, there's been enough time for the spoilers to be a moot point.**

I don't give a flying rat's rear what anybody says. Tonight, I'm going to flat out be a Heroes dork. Between this week's episode and next week's preview, my brain is close to imploding on itself. I mean, seriously. This week saw Claire, Matt, Ted and HRG in a major showdown. Talk about a tetrafecta of holy canoli! Finding out about HRG's past (including his former partnership with Claude) was cool, and an early glimpse at the Nakamuras makes me wonder how Yamagato Industries plays into all this. And then there was Matt somewhat redeeming himself in my eyes. The whole diamonds thing still galls me, but he made a valiant effort to keep Ted from going nuclear, and it almost worked had Thompson not shot it all to hell. Dumbass. Anyway, so there was Ted's explosion and Claire's bravery, which was jaw droppingly awesome. Then of course was the end of the ep. That was heartbreaking. It really was. Don't worry. I didn't cry over it, but I felt pain for everyone involved, including the Haitian. The whole scene was also a bit hari-kari in nature, with HRG sacrificing himself for his family. And of course you wonder what's going to happen to Claire, the Haitian and Matt. I imagine good ol' Ted will be under sedation for a very long time.

Next week, though? Fasten your seatbelts. We meet Mr. Linderman, Mohinder and, er, 'Sylar' return to New York, Simone seemingly rises from the dead, Nathan punches Niki/Jessica (yay!) and on top of it all, the first official Peter/Sylar showdown (not counting episode 9). What an ep! I've seen two previews, which is how I deduced all this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J6MacHEw9Yk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=awgvpVvrVjU&mode=related&search=

I personally prefer the second one, as there are clues that there might be opportunities for chemistry between Peter and Mohinder. I mean, they've been separated for a few eps and have changed quite a bit due to their experiences. Plus, Sylar's involved, and in the second preview, Mohinder pulls a gun. Me = *Bigsmile* about that. I honestly think he's going to shoot Sylar. Maybe he'll do it to stop Sylar from killing Peter. That would make me cheer something fierce. Of course, that scream at the end of the preview sounds like Peter, so who knows? All I can tell is that Peter and Sylar face off in Mohinder's apartment. Now my question is how the hell are they going to end up there? Seems like slash fodder to me. There's probably a perfectly innocent reason as well, but still. I'm sure Peter will have something to say about Mohinder and Sylar's cross country roadtrip. After all, it takes a while to get to friggin Montana, of all places. And considering Peter and Sylar have encountered each other before without really knowing it...yeah, baby! This could get all sorts of interesting. I'm totally on it. Of course, next week will totally kick my butt with the Miami Film Festival, but that's for another entry. Maybe I'll talk about it on Friday. In any case, I have to work on Monday...but is it Monday yet? I totally wish I had TiVo capabilities so I could get my fix right after work if needed. I mean, guh. So yeah, is it Monday yet? I need a Heroes like you wouldn't believe. As I told Chuck, Heroes is crack to me.


© Copyright 2010 Elisa the Bunny Stik (UN: soledad_moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elisa the Bunny Stik has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/663799-Old-School-Recaps-Part-1