*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664035-Shrinking-Closet-Syndrome
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#664035 added August 17, 2009 at 7:19pm
Restrictions: None
Shrinking Closet Syndrome
      I'm sure you've heard someone mention the closet syndrome, or have even experienced it yourself. It occurs when you leave something hanging in the closet, or folded in the drawer, unused for an extended period of time, say a year or two, or longer. Clothes change when unused for a long time.

      First, you may notice that this really nice garment that was so trendy and sharp-looking when you hung it up appears to have altered in appearance. The fabric looks just slightly out of date, or it may appear faded, or just a tad worn. There may even be "tea" stains on light colors, like an ivory wool jacket. It's the darkness of the closet that affects the fabrics. Sometimes, the buttons, or the trim, or lace, may be a bit worn. Now how could that have happened? It was like new the last time you had it on.

      Then you try it on and the most drastic change of all appears. The garment shrank. It's too snug. The buttons pull. The waist may not buckle easily. The belt may not meet. Horrors. You definitely have the shrinking closet syndrome. The closet doesn't shrink; only the clothes inside it shrink. Sometimes, even the shoes shrink.

    This syndrome affects all races. all ages. and both sexes. No one is safe from this dreadful phenomenon. However, it does take one more nasty curve for the older person. Clothes may also be longer than they used to be by an inch or two.

    No known cure has been developed yet. 

© Copyright 2009 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664035-Shrinking-Closet-Syndrome