*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664167-Oh-the-excitement
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#664167 added August 18, 2009 at 7:05pm
Restrictions: None
Oh the excitement
Well, it's been a pretty busy day. I didn't work. Ran to the mall to pay a bill, and of course I had to peek into G by Guess. I should have changed my name to Guess by the amount of money I filter into that store. I'm addicted. I admit it. Watches, sunglasses, purses, wallets. Not to mention the clothing. I should really start buying stock in the company at this point, *Laugh* Then I hit the dealership, bought a second set of keys for the Monte and ordered the key pad. Now I can let go of the paranoia about losing the only set we have. ~~~T wipes brow.~~~

Headed into work and brought lunch for Hubby. He was happy to see me. Always makes a girl smile and saunter, lol. Then I headed home, did a few reviews, then off to the doctor we go. Here's what I get for thinking. I had a plan. Go there, check Danny, give me cough medicine for him. Do Zak's physical, pat him on the back and off we go, right? WRONG. I mean seriously, how wrong can I be? Well, Danny had to sit on the breathing machine because Dr. H didn't like what he heard in his lungs. I get the boot during Zak's physical, go sit with Danny and text with Lutzy. We go back to the room. Zak has to have blood work up, had a shot, no biggie. Can take care of the blook work on Saturday morning. And then.....BAM. Here's a paper to go get an xray of his back. Why? *puzzled* I mean, they checked his back last year, can't be that different can it? According to Dr. H. it can, and it is. There is a curvature of his spine. Danny gets an inhaler and another visit to the doc on Friday.

Freaked. HELL YES. And unfortunately, in this day of finding whatever you'd like on the internet, Zak's been scoping and is not taking the news well. Granted we don't know anything yet. But Scoliosis is a scary name to say, and where your mind goes with this info would freak anyone out. He insists that we go tomorrow morning to get the xray, which I won't refuse him. I don't want my boy overthinking any longer than necessary, not to mention myself.

We come home, and then Zak and I head off to get his senior picture taken. *Cry* Seriously, how did he get to be 17 so fast? I'm not ready. I want him little again, so I can cuddle and hold him and tell him that I can make it all better. Gawd how much I miss that. And I will admit, getting a hug from the boy who is now 3" taller than I am isn't so bad. I rather enjoy that. It's a trade off is what it is. I'll take it all.

So we hang out, I'm reviewing, Zak's chatting online, as is Danny, and then it happens. Zak starts screaming, sirens are blaring outside, my corner is completely blocked in. Three young men are in handcuffs on the lawn, 4 cars surrounded by police. Holy Shizzle Sticks! *Shock* What a sight to behold. Zak of course grabs his video camera to tape this not so everyday occurance. And I start to tell him he can't, as images from news reports flash through my mind. Well, I guess he can, can't he? The K9 is called in. Police from two cities are here, two tow trucks, and once the dog finds the drugs, they pack up the three men, take away two cars, and open the road back up. It was so funny to see car after car come down the street, sit and watch for a minute before turning around to go elsewhere. We are a nosy society all right. Gotta scope the action before we head off to do whatever it is we were going to be doing in the first place.


Tasks finished ~

CRC Reviews *Check*



Song for today

~~side note ~~I'm not a Beyonce fan, so please excuse her presence in my blog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4_9LiHQd5c

© Copyright 2009 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664167-Oh-the-excitement