*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/666727-Kalispera-from-Zakynthos
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#666727 added June 14, 2013 at 6:02am
Restrictions: None
Kalispera from Zakynthos
It’s a few years since I visited a Greek island and I’d forgotten just how hot and beautiful they are. Being reunited with the glorious climate, the clear aqua Aegean waters, the vibrant flora and fauna, the sound of balalaikas and cicadas and the very friendly, chilled attitude of the locals is a pleasure indeed.

But, it seems I’m never allowed to forget reality. We hadn’t been here 24 hours before receiving the news my Dad had decided to perform his falling in the loo act yet again. This time it necessitated sending for the fire service to saw through the door as well as an ambulance at 1.30am. He’s now in hospital and sis is backing and forthing and relaying progress to us. It’s a good thing he has helpful neighbours, but this situation can’t continue much longer. Needless to say the holiday is not the relaxing experience I imagined.

Anyway, the holiday brochure we found in our room tells us there are FIVE things we have to do while we are here -

SNAP
HIT
SPLASH
SPOT
CHILL

I think I might just manage them all, but not necessarily in that order or with the same interpretation as the booklet intended. Be good and I look forward to catching up with you on return, Murphy and Sod permitting.

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/666727-Kalispera-from-Zakynthos