*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/667260-New-beginnings---
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#667260 added September 10, 2009 at 5:54pm
Restrictions: None
New beginnings . . .
A new school year has begun, with many changes in our household.  Monkey started Kindergarten and his transition has been fairly seamless.  He's having a terrific time, and I only shed a few tears after putting him on the bus for the first time.  *Heart*  Today he was sitting with TWO girls when the bus drove up to drop him off . . . heh.

Goldilocks is in 5th grade, and despite a few hiccups has matured a great deal over the summer.  She's all about keeping up with her homework . . . and did SUCH an amazing job keeping her room spotless this summer that we rewarded her with a landline phone for her room.  She was tickled pink, and calls us on our cell phones from upstairs just because she can.  *Bigsmile*

Dhoc-li Llama is a Sophomore in high school!!! *Shock*  . . . and will be learning to DRIVE this semester {e:heartattack}!!!  She's taking 2 AP classes, fast math, and because there was no room for a language in her schedule will also be taking Hebrew through the JCC. 

The biggest news . . . as of this past Tuesday at 4 PM, Bob is no longer employed.  In all honesty, this is a VERY GOOD thing!!!!  He could not possibly have gone back into that toxic work environment.  He was offered the choice of returning or taking a very reasonable severence package . . . there was no choice to make.  He hasn't been this relaxed or happy for over a year.  His job search is progressing, albeit slowly.  The economy sucks, but he's definitely got skills that employers are looking for, so we're hopeful.

I'm also working . . . still for the financial planner who belongs to our synagogue.  Bob's actually come in and helped us out with a few different things over the past few weeks - it's been very nifty having him around the office! *Heart*

I've discovered my strength as a result of this summer's events . . . but I know I still crumble when overwhelmed, overworked or overtired.  Fortunately, Bob and I are communicating a lot better as well, which really makes everything easier to cope with in the long run. 

We've got a road ahead of us, to try and rebuild, but we're paving the path together, and it's going to be better than ever!

Moulin Rouge quote

© Copyright 2009 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/667260-New-beginnings---