*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668166-Busy
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#668166 added September 17, 2009 at 8:18pm
Restrictions: None
Busy
Life tends to get in the way of the blog, lol. It's been a wild week or so for us. I will say that TWQ has been getting mass amounts of hits since I reopened it. Makes a girl feel GREAT. *Wink* Meant to post this little pretty thing last week and forgot.

Sig for the Quickie

Not too shabby, should have went for the bold, but at least there's a sharable for TWQ.

So, I did it. I wrote a piece for Paradise Cove. I'm rather proud of it, actually. Opened it up today and have 9 hits already. Only one review, so I wonder what others are thinking about it. I have a few more days where I can edit if I want. So please, give me your opinion, send me some reviews so I know where I stand with this one. I'm sure there are errors I've missed.

A Second Chance  (18+)
Tristan and Rena take a hard look at their floundering marriage.
#1599045 by Purple is House Florent



I helped Lutz with the judging for her Tales from the Darkside contest. I was rather impressed with the entries. Horror/fantasy is not a genre favorite of mine, but I find it easy to get into a good story, and most were that. Funny how reading some of the entries took me back to my own beginnings with writing. I am glad that I offered my help, for I got to review, learn a few things, help out others, and lose myself into some stories. Always a bonus.

Zak is excited. Seems a friend of his spoke to his college professor about the comics Zak creates. Today, his friend introduced the two, and he wanted to see Zak's work. The professor ~ impressed. Yup, that's the good word. He looked at one comic and is impressed with the detail Zak puts into them. So, now he's going to reccommend for a certain direction in college. Even suggesting that his Anime is good enough to compete with the American style comics taught in college here. Zak was really happy today. Happier than I've seen him in a long time. He's loving the Architecture class, and now he has a second avenue to pursue. Will be good for him. The words 'major' and 'minor' were coming out of his mouth. I almost fainted. *Laugh*

Have my first big writing assignment. I wasn't impressed with the prompts, but picked one out. Intend to work on it this weekend. Think I'll make a folder for all of my essays for this class. Something for me to look back on. See where I've started, and where I wind up. I do like the class, so that's a good thing. But the teacher has a way of making jokes, laughing at them, and his laugh...well, I won't even go there.

Facebook is one wild ride. Especially with most of my WDC friends on it. I'm addicted. I admit it. I am turning into one hell of a farmer, lol.

Signed Zak up for Segment 2 ~ Again. Whatever it takes to get his license. He has a month to get ready for the driving test. Here we go again...

I came thisclose to having a car I really wanted. I'm so bummed that I lost out on it. I found the perfect 2006 BMW X3, 3.0, Silver with black interior, loaded, but high milies. Problem was that our dealer friend called and was told it wasn't available. So I called, and of course they have the truck. My mistake, I gave my name. So when said friend calls to make a deal, they dealer thinks the friend is trying to make big money off of me. SCREWED. I lost out on that car. So said friend goes out and buys me a car. Black with beige interior, with less options, for the same price. *Rolleyes* We are now having a tiff because he didn't clear it with me, and I dont' want it. Seriously. We have a black X5 with beige interior. Why would I want an X3 exactly the same? I wouldn't.

Okay, I've babbled plenty. Off to pick up dinner. This damn URI and ear infection is killing me. I need food and my meds.

Laterzzzzz


~~~Update ~~ A house explosion today in St. Clair Shores ended with my cousin Tommy jumping to the rescue. Go Tommy, go Tommy, go, go, go Tommy! Pretty kewl. Thanks for the phone call Mom. Couldn't find the footage at the website, but I'll be checking again soon.

© Copyright 2009 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668166-Busy