*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668763-Sweetness
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#668763 added September 21, 2009 at 10:12pm
Restrictions: None
Sweetness
You know how days start well, then something happens that puts it into a downward spiral. Well, that's how today was going. It is Monday, it's to be expected. And then...I went into the 15 for 15, and found out that my entry from yesterday was a winner. It totally made my day and turned things around. So instead of making the fam click on the link, here's today's little lovely.


Desert

Staring off into the distance, diamonds glitter across the vast land, suddenly turning to water before disappearing from sight. The desert is most deceiving, playing tricks on my mind, granting me what I wish for like a tease only to take it away. It’s hot, the sweltering heat making my lungs ache with each breath I take. Wrapped too tight, the turban squeezes my head so hard I can feel the constant pulse beside my right eye. I want more than anything to remove it, but the fireball in the sky will make this trek in the sand ten times worse. It is my shield, my protector, and I must embrace it.

The camel continues its slow walk, the pace irritating as my body jerks from side to side. The wool blanket between the beast and me does nothing to cushion my bottom, only makes me sweat, my pants soaked and sticking to me like a second skin. The canteen around my neck beckons me. What I wouldn’t give to dump it over my head and find temporary relief. Knowing that it wouldn’t last, I refrain and concentrate on what’s in front of me.

The sparkling jewels seem to float as if a boat on the sea and I smile. It is something I delight in, can see myself dancing upon and that takes away this journeys hardship. Diamonds are a girls' best friend, and today, millions surround me, just the way I like it.



Since Ramadan is over, hubby and I hit the mall yesterday. He bought me the most awesome Guess purse. I think it's my favorite by far of the 5. I've become obsessed with Guess purses, just can't help it. I check out Macy's and G by Guess, and Guess itself, hoping to find another must have. There is a purple one I have my eye on, and soon, it will be mine. mwahahahaha

Class was good. Still not a lot of progress on my paper, but I came up with a beginning I actually like. Since I'm not working tomorrow, I'll be working on it. I want to turn it in Wednesday, so not waiting until Friday. Oh, seriously, is it bad to correct your professor? I kinda did that today. He admitted that I was right, fixed what he'd written, and said it was early. *Laugh*

The car I want is a no go. Can't find one that has decent mileage that doesn't cost both arms and legs. I'm kinda bummed, since I got my hopes up again. Guess I'll just have to deal with it for now. Off to hang with hubby.

On a side note ~~ Those who compare their sordid history to books (knowing full well it's a total stretch and play for sympathy) ought to remember this. The boy who cried wolf. Any questions? I'd say man, but that would put a whole different spin on things, *Wink*

© Copyright 2009 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668763-Sweetness