*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668817-second-part
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1587689
a story that is on going just one i made up
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#668817 added September 22, 2009 at 9:40am
Restrictions: None
second part
Dominick Dame
“Katie, my love, come to breakfast.” I pleaded.
“There’s no reason to. I’m. I’m not hungry and I’m certainly not good company. I’ll spoil your appetite.” She whined to me.
I had lost my temper with her many times since my father died. In the village my attitude had to stay as calm as possible. I felt as if I were on stage acting in a play. Inside I was just as depressed as Katherine, but what I showed to most was a confident man who wished to start a new life and leave the old one, the one with problems, behind.
Christalee walked in with Katie’s tray. I decided I’d try to convince her instead, “Christalee, please convince her that eating alone isn’t good for her. She needs company.”
“As you wish, Master Dominick.”
Those words must have stung Katie at the heart. She shot a look at me. It was one that I’d never seen. Her eyes darkened with hate. I had made Christalee turn on her.
“Now, Katherine, you mustn’t sit all day in this darkened room without company. I will ask you once and only once to join breakfast, but the decision is yours.”
Yes, Ma’am.” Katie replied as Christalee walked out of the room and down the hallway. Turning to me Katie said, “D, I thought that moving in with you would have been for the best, but it is clear to me that I was wrong.” A tear trickled down her cheek, “I wish to leave by sunset.”
With that she left me standing there. My heart stopped as she turned around and started to pack. She wanted to leave to be away from me? I couldn’t live without her right now. “Katie-Belles, you must stay. I love you more than- “I broke off there, not knowing how to end it without offending her.
She turned to me, her face filled with anger, “More than what?”
“More than I’ve ever loved any other woman. Yes, I called you a woman, even though society won’t recognize it for two more years, you’re a woman to me.”
She had had it. She walked away. Deciding I wouldn’t let it end there I silently ran after her.


ever more,
Katie-Belle

Peace to ya
and love to all
© Copyright 2009 katie bell (UN: translavia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
katie bell has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668817-second-part