*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668892-Finally-getting-my-moneys-worth-out-of-my-membership
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#668892 added September 22, 2009 at 8:47pm
Restrictions: None
Finally getting my money's worth out of my membership
I'm ba-ack! How are y'all?

What has been happening:

My father-in-law died last Thursday. He had been a diabetic and heart patient for years, and just had bypass surgery in July. A friend of his was talking to him on the phone and thought he didn't sound right. He lived five miles away, and by the time the friend got there, his heart had given out, due to his blood sugar having dropped to 30. He has finally been reunited with my mother-in-law after 14 years.

I'm working at the same school I was last year - you know, the one where the principal told me the kids didn't need to know the fifty states. She has pretty much left me alone this year, so it's going pretty good so far.

Emily and Matt are still playing soccer. Anna Claire is playing soccer this year too - she switched from dance. Sometimes we meet ourselves driving to and from the soccer field. Fortunately, it's only a couple of minutes away.

What I'm reading:

The Last Convertible by Anton Myrer.
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Some Can Whistle by Larry McMurtry
Maggie-Now by Betty Smith

Some opinions thrown in for good measure

I'm sick of seeing Michael Jackson on the television. Let the man rest, please.

Yeah, Kanye was a jack . . . , but it seems like the president should have better things to think about.

Didn't we already go through this whole health care thing with Hill and Billy? And didn't it flop?

What's the difference in Jay Leno's current show and the old one?

I miss Patrick Swayze - I've had a crush on him since Dirty Dancing.

And now you know what I know. Bye!
.

© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668892-Finally-getting-my-moneys-worth-out-of-my-membership