*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/670439-From-One-Addiction-to-Another
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#670439 added October 8, 2009 at 10:19pm
Restrictions: None
From One Addiction to Another
You would think that after about six weeks of not hearing whether or not my book will be accepted by a publisher, I'd be a wreck.

Keeping busy with either writing other projects are submersing myself into a different hobby helps keep the noggin' screwed on straight.

For me it's taking pictures. To the point my son gives me a dirty look whenever I grab the camera. No kidding. Over the last few days I've slowed down quite a bit. The weather has turned dreary, and darkness falls too soon for good outdoor shots.

And my creativity for indoor shots has dried up a bit. I turned my focus away from snapping pictures until my finger falls off to using software to modify and add special effects to the pictures I have now. I borrowed from the library two digital photography books, and so far I've learned a lot about how digital cameras work. Interesting stuff. I'm also reading "The Last Eyewitness" by Jerry Jenkins and Tim LaHaye, a fictionalized story of John, the last of the original disciples and the one who wrote the Gospel of John.

Once I finish that, I hope to continue to work on my new manuscript using the Snowflake Method. I hope complete enough of it done I can use what I learned there to write it during Nanowrimo beginning November 1.

But Thomas is waking up from his nap, so I best get into Mommy mode.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

© Copyright 2009 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/670439-From-One-Addiction-to-Another