*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/670906-Todays-twitter-prompt
by spidey
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1207864
If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?
#670906 added October 8, 2009 at 6:42am
Restrictions: None
Today's twitter prompt
Taken from http://www.twitter.com/DailyPrompt (Seriously, if you're on twitter, follow along!)

Today's prompt is: Write about the smallest insect you've ever seen.


And poisonivy gave me permission to share her writing from yesterday. I found it hilarious!

As she stepped into the Ye Olde Nut Shoppe, the scent of fresh roasted peanuts was the first thing that she noticed. The smell reminded her of snowy afternoons spent in her grandmother’s kitchen. She was transported back to an almost-forgotten day in her youth. It was a snow day, so she was home from school, and since her parents both worked, she spent the day with her grandmother. She used to bake the best pecan pies. They would watch some sort of talk show or soap opera while cooking, even though it was just there for background noise. If she thought about it carefully, she could even feel the powdery flour on a dusted a rolling pin.

A ringing bell awoke her from the daydream, and she turned to see that it was the bell attached to the door, letting them know that a new customer just walked in. Since she was already turned in that direction, she stole a glance at the new customer. He was hard to miss. He had a pumpkin head. I mean, really, his head was a pumpkin. It was weird. He cleared his throat and spoke.

“Pardon me, sir. Do you sell broccoli?”

The shop owner, who was doing a great job at not acting surprised at the pumpkin head, replied, “No, but we have pistachios.”

Mr. Pumpkin Head turned his pumpkin head to the side slightly and asked, “Why would I care about pistachios?”

“Well, they’re green…”



If you write something from the daily prompts, please share it! *Smile*

© Copyright 2009 spidey (UN: spidergirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
spidey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/670906-Todays-twitter-prompt