*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/671997-Latest-Reading-Offline
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1342524
Reading, Writing, Pondering: Big Life Themes, Literature, Contemporary/Historical Issues
#671997 added October 16, 2009 at 12:42pm
Restrictions: None
Latest Reading Offline
Clare McNally's BLO0D RELATIONS and CRIES OF THE CHILDREN, two intriguing horror novels published in 1997 and 1992, respectively.





BLOOD RELATIONS is the story of a wife and mother, surrendered at birth for adoption, who coincidentally is discovered by a woman purported to be her genetic half-sister, and so discovers her "birth mother"-or so she is led to believe. Filled with multiple plot twists and unexpected surprises, this story cleverly but subtly telegraphs only some of the denouements, but many unplanned treasures await. Think Countess Elizabeth Bathory meets Amazonian ethnobotanist researcher...and that still doesn't begin to cover it all. Enjoy this one!





Though published a full five years earlier, McNally's CRIES OF THE CHILDREN is even better written. An almost-futuristic scientifically-grounded tale of several "children" with mental powers far beyond the capacity of "normal" humanity, this novel weaves in sentiment, deep emotion, and powerful characterization along with nonstop suspense and "thrills." I highly recommend both these novels. Ms. McNally is just excellent.

© Copyright 2009 Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer (UN: fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/671997-Latest-Reading-Offline