*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673459-Not-a-Lot
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#673459 added October 27, 2009 at 9:41am
Restrictions: None
Not a Lot
My son and family visited us last weekend and talk turned towards Mey Ling's latest achievements.

First of all she's been assessed for driving and has had her first session in a specially designed automatic car adapted for the disabled. Apparently she did very well and has been told she's a natural. This doesn't surprise me too much as she's confident, bright and keen to learn. However, I think the two weeks she's predicted it will take her to pass her driving test is a little on the optimistic side. *Rolleyes* Whether she has the staying power or temperament to stick with it remains to be seen.

In the meantime Dylan now has shoes for walking. He keeps sitting down and staring at them as if he's grown some new blue appendages. *Bigsmile*

Mey Ling is also attending college and taking courses in basic English and Maths. She's already taken a couple of the teachers on one side and pointed out the errors in their teaching methods. She's not overly-thrilled with the classes as most of her fellow students are from Pakistan and other parts of Asia that are not Cambodia.

Without wishing to sound racist I cracked up when she told me many of them don't like England and are always complaining about things here.

'I tell them,' she informed me. 'You no like England, you go back to your own bloody country.' *Laugh*

Sometimes, you gotta love her.

© Copyright 2009 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673459-Not-a-Lot