*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/674400-Nov-2nd-and-still-Nano-strong
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1592786
A place for writing off-the-cuff
#674400 added November 2, 2009 at 4:29pm
Restrictions: None
Nov 2nd and still Nano-strong
This process is KILLING me! I'm trying to embrace the "write-by-the-seat-of-my-pants" method for writing, but it feels foreign and strange right now. I'm 4300+ words into Nano, and the actual word vomit on the screen is not good *Frown* Am I the only one that's dealing with a real first draft, for the first time?

I have to say, though, (even though the whole thing sounded like my diaries from my teenage years! *Worry*) as I wrote about the protagonist yesterday, I had several light bulb moments when I felt her character take a step out of the shadows. I've got to hang onto the belief that that's the point of writing like this. When you turn off your internal editor, close your eyes, and just let the words gush out of your head and onto the screen, you get "first thoughts." First thoughts are raw and ragged around the edges, but they hold the greatest energy of anything you will write.

Wrimos everywhere must be dealing with the same feelings I'm having. I have to do what they're doing: stop worrying about it, and write. Don't think. Don't talk. Just write. My dear friend Tornado Day shared what she says to herself, and I promised myself I'd make it my Nano mantra: Just shut up and write!



Good Luck Everyone!
Write, write, wrimo!



*Note2**Note3**Note4**Note5**Note1**Note2**Note3**Note4**Note5**Note1*

*Right* Looking for a new sig or contest banner? Click here! *Left*
"Nicki D-Zigns Sig&Banner Shop ~CLOSED~


Visit me at:
*Star*
http://www.heftynicki.writing.com
http://www.inkspot.com/authors/heftynicki
*Star*

© Copyright 2009 NickiD89 (UN: heftynicki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NickiD89 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/674400-Nov-2nd-and-still-Nano-strong