*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/676083-A-Censored-Week
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#676083 added November 13, 2009 at 10:54pm
Restrictions: None
A [Censored] Week
Forget Friday the 13th. Let's go for Monday-Friday.

A single week when nothing seemed to go right.

I found an error with three plats I drew up -- after they were completed, signed by the owner and filed at the courthouse. Oi. How do I explain to the client that this will be the third (yes, third!) time they had to come in and sign their plats due to a mistake by yours truly?

So I stressed out about it Monday night to the point I couldn't sleep.

However, once I corrected the errors, I called them up and explained what happened. The were so gracious and understanding, I felt like crying in gratitude. Okay, maybe not to the point of tears, but I was grateful. I didn't deserve it, that's for sure. Ever feel like you're a waste of space? I sure did feel like it that day!

Then! I find out another plat may not go through because the newly appointed County Engineer doesn't want to sign it because it doesn't meet the County-Across-The-River's standards. Another two days of stressing, because should he decide not to sign, not only with the owner lose a sale, but the buyer will not make the January 1 deadline for First Time Homebuyers.

How do I explain to the client that I couldn't convince the Engineer we do it on this side of the river a bit differently?

So I lost sleep another day stressing about it.

Today I talked to said engineer and he decided to sign it.

Plus there were a bunch of other things to go wrong: My home internet modem crapped out, and my DSL provider drug (drug? Its feet are stoned? Let's go for dragged) its feet on sending it to me, and blamed the delivery company for the delay.

Then last night I couldn't get the new one to work, and spent over an hour on the phone with the technician, all the while trying to keep my little guy from screaming at me.

Oi.

I'm tired.

Good news, though. In the end everything turned out well, and perhaps I'm a little more patient for the next time things fall apart around me.

And! I'm taking the next week off. The entire week! Yay! My hubby is going on a hunting trip and I get to play full-time Mommy. I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time, it won't be easy. Thomas is entering the Terrible Two stage with screaming and crying when he doesn't get his way.

Luckily the screeching is the limits of his tantrums.

We're also trying to teach him not to throw things unless we're ready for it, or hitting and kicking us or the dog. It's nothing vindictive, but typical boy behavior. Still, it's important he learns that to hit or kick others is mean and not appropriate behavior.

He's learning.

But I need to get back to my nano-novel. I'm pathetic at 6800 words, but I'll keep plugging away. I may not make 50k, but as long as I keep writing, I'm happy.

Have a great weekend, all!

© Copyright 2009 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/676083-A-Censored-Week