*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677159-Is-It-Enough
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#677159 added November 22, 2009 at 12:23am
Restrictions: None
Is It Enough?
After seven days the Lord gave me a message. He said, “Son of man, I have appointed you as a watchman for Israel. Whenever you receive a message from me, warn people immediately. If I warn the wicked, saying, ‘You are under the penalty of death,’ but you fail to deliver the warning, they will die in their sins. And I will hold you responsible for their deaths. If you warn them and they refuse to repent and keep on sinning, they will die in their sins. But you will have saved yourself because you obeyed me.

“If righteous people turn away from their righteous behavior and ignore the obstacles I put in their way, they will die. And if you do not warn them, they will die in their sins. None of their righteous acts will be remembered, and I will hold you responsible for their deaths. But if you warn righteous people not to sin and they listen to you and do not sin, they will live, and you will have saved yourself, too.”


~ Ezekiel 3:16-20 (NLT)


I often wonder, especially of late, whether or not I could be compared to one who stays silent, but should be speaking out. By not talking about Jesus and my faith, am I not only ignoring God’s will, but dooming someone to never knowing God’s love and redemption?

Do I damn myself by keeping my mouth shut?

I have no answer, and that’s probably a good thing. I don’t think I want to know. However, I do hear the warning in Ezekiel’s words. I should assume they’re meant for me, because I know I’m not doing enough to shine God’s light in an ever darkening world.

How do I start, then?

By writing entries that reveal not only where my writing is going, but my spiritual growth (or non-growth) as well. Every time I have, while my words occasionally met with scoffers and cynics, for the most part they made a positive difference to someone.

I can’t take the credit; I merely opened myself up to the possibility and let God guide my steps.

My prayer for tonight is that I listens for God’s urgings, and follow through with every one. No more fear; no more silence.

© Copyright 2009 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677159-Is-It-Enough