*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/678688-The-Guerriero
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #1623538
THIS IS THE NEW-AND-IMPROVED "THE LIGHT SPECTRUMS" BOOK WITH A NEW TITLE! CHECK IT!
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#678688 added December 4, 2009 at 12:28pm
Restrictions: None
The Guerriero
We ran for a while. It was only a mile—two tops. A sharp turn into an alley nearly made me lose my balance. We walked into what looked like an old abandoned warehouse. It was old and dreary on the outside; old newspapers were plastered to the dingy windows. Ryan opened a heavy metal door and disappeared inside. Peter grasped my hand and led me in. I coward into my cousin’s side.

"Jonathan, look her over." Ryan said

"What?!" I said confused

"He can see what exactly you can do. It makes it easier not to fall for some kid who was recruited by the other side." Peter explained

I tried to keep my cousin with me, but he pulled away. I stared at the boy in front of me. His brown eyes lit up green. He looked me over silently. I was shaking so hard it seemed as if I was moving the whole room. Jonathan's eyes changed to red and I unconsciously took a step back. Confusion played across his face.

"That's strange." He said, his eyes tuning back to normal, "I can see she's powerful, but not what she can do...I also red scanned her and there is a place in her right arm the lights up. I don't know what to make of it. It's probably nothing though. I mean, I've seen it before; nothings ever come of it."

"If you sure. – Julieanna, that thing you did... What is that exactly?" Ryan asked

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" Peter asked

"I don't even know what this is. This is too much." I said overwhelmed, "Between you all throwing words at me, and getting weird examinations like I'm some kind of freak, and-and-and and everyone is staring at me!" I yelled putting my face in my hands

"It's okay. We just need to know what you can do. You can learn the rest slowly. You have nothing to be afraid of." Said an unfamiliar voice.

Some one put their arm around my shoulders. I looked up at a young blond teen about a foot taller than me. He had warm brown eyes and a gentle smile. I felt instantly safe.

"Who are you?"

"My names Charlie. I'm the leader of The Light side of the Spectrum." he said softly, "Now can you talk to me?"

"You wanna know what I can do?"

"Yes, please."

"You won't make fun of me?"

"Make fun of you?" He laughed, "We all can do stuff, but more of that later." He looked at me expectantly

I sighed, "Okay. I'm not sure all I can do, but I can make a computer with my hands, I can run super fast, and I can make a shield." I blurted out, "But I don’t know much about it."

"You can do all that? Wow. And you never told me?" Peter said throwing his hands in the air

"Why didn't you tell me? I didn't know! Now what were you saying about the things you people can do?" I asked

Charlie who removed is arm from my shoulders

"Well, Peter has super strength, Ryan can teleport and fly, and . . I can control emotions and can jump really high and fight fairly well." Charlie said
Now it made sense that I felt so safe earlier.

"You can fight fairly well?" a girl with red hair rolled her green eyes, "I would never challenge you, even if I was immortal!"

"That is Stephanie. She has diamond hard skin. So you pretty much are immortal. Even when Chris accidentally shot you with a fire ball you didn't even get a scratch!" Charlie said

"Chris has fire, Samantha has the ability to move things with her mind, and Amanda can shoot lightning." He said pointing at different people in the room. "The others aren't here right now. They are on a scouting mission."

"Can Beth or Anabell do anything?" I asked looking at Peter

"Beth can make people do things with her mind, and Anabell is a shape shifter." he replied, "I really don't want her in this." He said looking at Charlie

"It's her choice." The girl named Samantha said. She was shorter than me with jet black hair and eyes.

"I want to." I said

"Hey Charlie! Look at what my cousin can do!" Anabell shouted running in, "Show them."

Emily kicked off the floor and flew in a circle.

"She also read my mind! And she can see Andrietta as well. I TOLD you I wasn't lying!" she shouted

"We don't care about you fictional friend, Anabell." Said the boy named Chris. They all looked at my sister.

"Well, there are two of you. Get to work people." Charlie ordered to the room, “So little girl. Could you tell me what you can do?”

"Well, sir, I can sometimes see things in the future as well and I can talk to my sister in my head and she talk back." She said to Charlie.

This surprised me. She was usually shy. Everything was just too strange here.

Back in my room that night I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. It had been a LONG day.
© Copyright 2009 Marella Lakewood (UN: like_a_lot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marella Lakewood has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/678688-The-Guerriero