*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680139
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1627479
First book in the Saga of Animorphus.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#680139 added December 16, 2009 at 8:08pm
Restrictions: None
Prologue
Prologue

“Sir, initial reports of the Normandy landings have come in.”
“Good. What do the initial reports suggest?”
There was an audible Gulp from the young major.
“All landings have failed and we are in full retreat along the front.” The general’s eyes widened and he fought back an impulse to strike out in rage at the aide. With much force, he composed himself, reminding himself he was merely a messenger.
“Well that’s pretty s***ty news. You’re dismissed, major.”
“Sir!” The major quickly saluted and marched away.
~ ~ ~
“…and from the reports I got, the operation was a complete and utter disaster.” A long silence followed this statement. Every man present was visibly worried. The secretary of war cleared his throat, and all eyes instantly flicked to him.
“Well, it looks like we’ll have to launch The Operation.” A few bodies tensed. Everyone here knew what “the operation” was, and they all secretly hoped that they would never need to launch it. It was the last resort; to create a human imbued with Gaia and train him as a soldier in what had been dubbed “the Apocalypse war”. With many times the proportionate abilities of the greatest of nature, this hybrid could stand a chance against the organization known as The Path of Man.
~ ~ ~
“T minus 3…2…1 ignition!”
The Austa rocket thrusters roared to life, and the giant tube rose straight up, leaving only searing heat in its wake.


The Unknown-Kai
© Copyright 2009 Unspoken Of (UN: freddy0418 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Unspoken Of has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680139