*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680224-Thursday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#680224 added December 17, 2009 at 4:50pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday
Potbelly was cute today. A little boy, maybe four years old, was playing peek-a-boo with me from behind his booth bench. As they were bundling him and his little sister up to leave, I played "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." At the end of the song, he said: "Hey, Music Lady! Santa's already here! I just saw him!" *Laugh**Heart* Everyone in the store heard him!

Resign from Abbott by 3/1/10.
In progress and on schedule. I just landed a regular gig at bd's Mongolian Grill. They want to launch a Student Night on Wednesdays to drum up mid-week business, and they hired me to provide live entertainment every week. It pays much better than Potbelly and it comes with free dinner and drinks, so, woot! I just requested vacation time at Abbott for every Wednesday during January and February. That's Step 1. Step 2 is Talk to Boss, which will happen the first week of January. *Bigsmile* After that, I should have a pretty good idea of timing. Although, it depends on who Boss is at that time, because there is an org change coming very soon. I expect to see an announcement by the end of the week (i.e.tomorrow or even this afternoon.)

Look into real estate for music instruction.
Not so much, but I picked a name: Mocha Notes Music Instruction and Mocha Notes Music Cafe. I reserved all the domains, etc. Woot squared. Progress.

Brand the biz.
Keith suggested looking into coffee franchise opportunities for the cafe part of the biz. Any recommendations? I want to make sure the coffee is tasty and delicious! Because I lurve coffeh! While I do realize this might affect my biz name, a franchise would provide me with the tools and expertise to run that part of the biz successfully, so I'm open to it.

Business: Music Instruction Books.
*Pencil*In progress

Current real estate goal: Organize garage.
No activity, which conveniently provided plenty of nice hiding places for unwrapped Christmas gifts.

Launch one new Praise Band song per month.
*Check*Goal met.

Post at WordPress at least once per month.
*Check*Goal met. However, I'll be posting again soon to plug my bd's gig. Likewise, they're going to plug my blog on their Facebook page, so, holy crap, I need to start updating that thing regularly again! In particular, I need more upbeat recordings. They want upbeat. *Thumbsup*

Oh, I also need promotional materials - like, signage for the wall, maybe some sort of sign on an easel to set up next to me, that sort of thing. Woot cubed! I have plenty of time to take care of that while I'm on vacation the week after Christmas. Everything is falling into place.

Achieve a weight of 145.0 by 1/31/09.
Weight:
Meals:
7:00am Three strips bacon (4) and coffee (1)
11:00am ZonePerfect bar (4)
1:45pm Skinny roast beef sandwich (7)
3:30pm Chai (1)

© Copyright 2009 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680224-Thursday