*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680696-Tuesday-and-Counting
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#680696 added December 22, 2009 at 10:02am
Restrictions: None
Tuesday and Counting
The laptop repair is not yet complete... but I'm squeaking in Internet time the best I can. I got a DirectOrder at Textbroker for 10 articles just after I'd decided I was too busy for TB *and* my laptop died, so I can hardly get online to post completed articles anyway. *Rolleyes* I guess I made my own bed there, after months of establishing successful client relationships. (It's a cliche. Don't read into it.)

Resign from Abbott by 3/1/10.
In progress and on schedule.

Look into real estate for music instruction.
Next week.

Brand the biz.
* My friend Tony, a high school art teacher, is working on a logo for my MochaNotes Music business.

* I posted a very preliminary site at http://michelletuesday.com. Don't make fun!! I have big plans. They involve hiring someone else to do it. *Thumbsup* And, by hiring, I mean bartering music lessons for her kids in exchange for website design. Ah, capitalism.

MochaNotes Music may actually get off the ground. *Shock* I have a lot of drive, true, but it all seemed like a lofty dream at first. Then I started talking about my plans to people, and suddenly, I was surrounded by friends and family willing to help me out! It's amazing. I have so many wonderful people in my life, with such a variety of talents to offer. *Heart* I can't wait to open my biz and dedicate it to all of them.

The only heartburn I have is over my current boss at the music studio. I like her; I just get frustrated with her lack of organization. I really don't want to hurt her or her business. So I need to brainstorm with people how I can start my own without stepping on her toes. I mean even outside contractual agreement guidelines, which I intend to comply with. Above and beyond that, I want to be professional and courteous to her and her business.

Being such a softy might make me a lousy businesswoman. *shrug* I'm not all that worried about it. I figure either MochaNotes Music will succeed, or it will fail. I got me some skillz! If this bombs, I have music performance, writing, database design, and even engineering to fall back on, not to mention a boy with a good engineering job of his own. *Bigsmile*

Business: Music Instruction Books.
I've been working on this quite a bit... as much as possible with, you know, no computer to do it on. I have tons of notes scribbled in little notebooks - of both the regular and music-staff-paper variety - all over the place. It's taking shape.

Current real estate goal: Organize garage.
Next week.

Launch one new Praise Band song per month.
*Check*Goal met. And I need to schedule that first band meeting. And a new time for band rehearsals. I'm trying to find more family time for myself, but I have so many other people's schedules to work around. *Pthb*

Post at WordPress at least once per month.
*Check*Goal met: http://michelletuesday.wordpress.com. In fact, I posted again, since I've had over 200 hits in the last three days or so. I need to post regularly while I have a captive audience!

Achieve a weight of 145.0 by 1/31/09.
Weight:
Meals:
8:00am Bfast burrito (3.5) and coffee (1)

© Copyright 2009 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680696-Tuesday-and-Counting