*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680931-Celebrate-the-Birth----and-the-life-of-a-friend
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#680931 added December 24, 2009 at 4:17pm
Restrictions: None
Celebrate the Birth -- and the life of a friend.
This December 29 many of us here and elsewhere who knew Carolina Blue will celebrate his life by watching the sunrise. We will then share a story, poem and/or pictures and send them off to his wife and two children in the form of a book.

For more information, please see Iowegian Skye 's entry "Invalid Entry.

It's always disheartening when a loved one passes, and the grief deepens during the holidays. Christmas is often about family, and to spend it without them dampens any joy we would otherwise have.

We celebrate Christ's birth on this day as a joyous occasion, as it should be. But we must remember why his birth is so important: He came to die. For all of us. So even in death, there is life. I take comfort -- and yes, joy -- in the fact that we will see our loved ones now gone in a place with no more tears and no more death.

It all started and ends with Jesus.

Merry Christmas.

© Copyright 2009 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680931-Celebrate-the-Birth----and-the-life-of-a-friend