*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/681600-Been-a-while
by Æiri
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1365624
Æiri's Blog
#681600 added December 30, 2009 at 2:52pm
Restrictions: None
Been a while
Hi folks,

Job hunting for the last two years since I was laid off has been grueling. It's not that I haven't tried to find a job, I've moved twice to new areas to find something. The first move was because I lost my house no longer able to pay the bills for it. Yeah, you hear that a lot in the news and it's as bad as it sounds, especially when you have others depending on you. The second move was into the living space of gracious friends to get us out of the second worst economically depressed city in the nation to someplace with a chance of thriving, which unfortunately ended up costing us twice what we were originally quoted for the move. BUT!, in the first week of living here, I actually had a nibble on my job hunting line - an interested employer sent me a job assessment test! (that I just finished).

This year on top of the floundering job hunting, I also lost both of my grandmothers (one in November and one just after we arrived) and was unable to afford to travel to attend the funerals. This second time I can't even send flowers! My doctor is trying to convince me to accept an operation that I am resistant to (the condition is painful to live with but not life-threatening). My daughter has been suffering her ailments without meds because she has no work and has no money to buy insurance - when she does have money to visit the doctor she is at least able to buy samples of the meds in office, one of which has a cost of $1500.00.

So, what does this have to do with my writing? Well, for one that's a heavy emotional and physical demands on a person, for another my annual payment for Writing.com subscription is due mid-January and I have no idea if I'll be able to pay the Upgraded cost or not (even at the lowest end of payments scale for this). Lastly, yes, I have been writing these last two years through all the moves, the uncertainties, 5 family deaths, one potential suicide by a family member, etc. I am waiting on my next rejection for a publisher and as such, I am considering self-publishing through some place like Lulu.

Prayers, well-wishes, candles and etc. all help in spirit and are always appreciated. Encouragement feedback is also uplifting. Thanks so much to those who have written to let me know you like my work and want to see more!!! I will get back on it as soon as I can.

Love you lots!

Æiri

© Copyright 2009 Æiri (UN: aeiri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Æiri has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/681600-Been-a-while