*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/681767-Thursday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#681767 added December 31, 2009 at 4:10pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday
It's just not even fair that my laptop is still broken, because Textbroker is bursting at the seams with open orders. *Pthb*

Saturday. At least, that's when the appointment is scheduled. We'll see if the part he's installing (he didn't tell me what it is) solves the problem. I just heard from the service tech about thirty minutes ago, while the email below was sent seven hours ago. *kicks the shit out of Dell*

I'm going to a thing tonight anyway, so I guess I couldn't write Textbroker articles tonight even if I had my laptop. See y'all next year.

"Why have I not heard back from a service technician? As you can see from the timeline I've established below, I've hardly received the "next business day, includes nights/weekends" service on my faulty laptop that I paid for with my extended warranty. I've gone TEN DAYS without a laptop, and now I'm approaching another holiday weekend, do I have to wait until Monday again? I had much work to accomplish this week, and I've been unable to do almost anything.

My warranty description:
Description          Provider          Warranty Extension Notification          Start Date          End Date          Days Left
Next Business Day, Includes Nights/Weekends          QLX          No          7/25/2009          7/24/2011          570
XPS Technical Support          DELL          No          7/25/2009          7/24/2011          570


The timeline of my repair issue:

Dec. 21th:
3:00pm - I looked up warranty information and chatted online with Ashley, who instructed me to backup and run a hardware diagnostic check, and email the results to his manager.
4:30pm - I emailed the diagnostic check results to Ashley's manager.

Dec. 22st:
4:00pm - I emailed Ashley's manager again, because 24 hours have gone by and I haven't heard from Dell.
4:30pm - I received a phone call from Ashley, who said that the diagnostic results indicate I need a new hard drive, which will be imaged and shipped ASAP. I was cautioned that I might not be guaranteed delivery before the holiday weekend, because it was already Dec. 23rd (due to time zone difference) where the hard drive was being shipped from.

Dec. 24th:
I received the hard drive via Fed Ex, pleased to have received it before the weekend. However, I installed it per instructions, and experienced the same symptoms I'd described originally: no boot, and the screen is black with vertical colored lines appearing. I immediately sent an email to Ashley's manager indicating that the hard drive didn't solve the problem. I was told by the rep that he was the only person in the office, and that I would receive a call on Monday (Dec. 28) at 9:00am my time as a follow-up.

Dec. 28th:
11:00am - I still have not heard from Dell. I sent an email asking the status, and received a call within 30 minutes from Ashley, who informed me that a service technician would contact me within the next day or two, to schedule a time to come to my home and repair my laptop.

Dec. 31st:
9:00am - Three days have passed, and I still have not heard from a service technician.

Thanks for your prompt attention in this matter."


© Copyright 2009 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/681767-Thursday